How can I work at home?

I have been scouring the internet looking for work-at-home opportunities and I am getting nowhere! I am in tears and so depressed. I just want to take some of the burden off my husband and feel a sense of accomplishment. I am a college educated mother of two with a background in music and literature. Are there any legit work-at-home sites out there? I don't want to be scammed. I just want an honest job! Any ideas, ladies?

Philyra

Asked by Philyra at 11:07 AM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Money & Work

• I just saw that you want a job...I want to warn you that there are lots of job scams. Never pay for a job! What I do isn't a job it is a home business so here is a link to help you! http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/TakeControlOfYourLife/Story?id=5318600&page=1
    businesswife1

Answer by businesswife1 at 12:18 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I completely understand how you feel! It can be so frustrating. I've been there! I have looked and looked bumped into several scams before I even finally found something. It's a real company...the two things that told me that it was is because they are with the US Chamber of Commerce and because they were on 60 minutes with Morley Safer. If you want more info check out this site www.dailychecksathome.com and if you seriously want to get started send me email. I wish you good luck!
    businesswife1

Answer by businesswife1 at 12:15 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I am just starting with a company called Once Upon a Family. I know its a home party thing, but what it promotes is everything I'm about. I figure I am playing a big part in building up families, I'll learn ides to build up mine, make friends with other women, and make a paycheck. You can look at their web page and pm me if you want to know anything. Just go to onceuponafamily.com.
    aussiegirl3

Answer by aussiegirl3 at 12:58 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• PM me and I'll tell you about a great company to work for from home!!!
    Jerseymom1228

Answer by Jerseymom1228 at 1:16 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I work for a company called DiamondCreek Candles. It's a great company and comission is great too. I will send you all the info in a PM message, let me know what you think! I can have you up and running by tomorrow!!!
    Staci
    Jerseymom1228

Answer by Jerseymom1228 at 2:17 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Philyra,
    It's very difficult to know which opportunities out there are safe options. In July, after a long search, I found a great opportunity. It is truly a work from home opportunity, but many of the women I work with love to get out and about as well and can do that too!
    Please feel free to contact me at Powder211@juno.com and we can set up a good time to talk.
    Tami
    TeaAnderson

Answer by TeaAnderson at 2:19 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• There are lots of ways to make money online. Some require investment, but I stay away from those. It's too hard to tell which ones are scams. I stick with the free ones and I've been able to average about $1500/month or more for the last 6 months. I listed and ranked the sites I use at http://www.freewebs.com/free2workathome/

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 2:23 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I think you should do tutoring online or from home......You should be able to get a teaching job online......What do you think???
    BabyDrewmom

Answer by BabyDrewmom at 2:24 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• If looking for a JOB, what are your marketable skills and previous experiences? If you are looking for a BUSINESS, go with your passions, things that interest and motivate you the most. Build a list and use that to begin your search. General rule of thumb: Never pay for a job (businesses, on the other hand, usually involve some expenses). 

nuwave06

Answer by nuwave06 at 4:42 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Well, I don't sell anything on my website.  I just offer ideas for businesses you can start at home.  What I have done in my website is show you my own home based businesses that I run, Errand Service, Advertising Service and Virtual Assisting.  I have linked back to my own websites for you to get your own ideas from>  NOTE:  I AM NOT SELLING ANYTHING> AND NOT ADVERTISING ANYTHING.  Just showing you ideas for businesses you can do on your own.  Look at www.stuffformoms.info and see if you can get any ideas.

pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 6:04 PM on Jan. 22, 2009