Custody!!!?

How long does a custody battle last if both the paretns are in different states?

nesamama

Asked by nesamama at 11:10 AM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• until the matter gets settled. It can go on for years if you have enough money.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:12 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• LONG, it can really screw things up because every state has different guidlines to go by when it comes to custody cases. Good luck. But, if you guys can can come to an aggreement, than it will always be quicker.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:13 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Custody can go on FOREVER if you don't agree....If you can agree to something it should go smoothly.
    mattandjosmom

Answer by mattandjosmom at 11:28 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Mind if I ask what states it involves? Just curious as my DH and I live in the same state but looks as if we are headed for divorce. Was wondering what the rules are if I wanted to move back to my home state and we have 3 kids. Or if I would need to stay here. Just curious, how long has your custody battle been going on so far? Send me a message! Good luck
    MommaB0334

Answer by MommaB0334 at 11:40 AM on Jan. 22, 2009