do any of your kids bio dads help with more then just child support or if you are a step mom do you an your dh help bio mom with school clothes an things the kids want

MOMINLOVE99

Asked by MOMINLOVE99 at 11:13 AM on Jan. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

• Niether my ex or i pay for child support. But we are rare, we remained good friends. There have been times that we both borrowed money from eachother. I was a step mom before we divorced, he had 2 kids from a previous marriage. And yes, I did help there mom. As much as i could. She needed it, and when it comes down to it, the most important thing is the children, not there parents. If the parents need help, then so do the kids. That's the way i look at it. I am very compassionate though, the fact that she was my husbands ex meant nothing. She was my step children's mom, & I only wanted the best for her kids, so i wanted the best for her too. She was also the same way with me. It was nice being so helpful, & getting help when needed. Also, my daughters dad will help with anything i ask for concerning our daughter, he is a great dad.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:19 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• My daughters father pay CS..never enough but what the state tells him to pay..When he comes to see my daughter (which is 4 times per year) I sometimes give him a list of things that she needs. He goes out with her and buys her the stuff.
    As far as my fiances X we do not give her a thing...She gets well over 400.00 per week and can fend for herself.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 11:33 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• MY HUBBY AN I HELP MY STEP DAUGHTER OUT WITH WHAT EVER IT IS SHE NEEDS OR IF HER MOM NEEDS SOMETHING YES AN WE PAY CHILD SUPPORT AN PAY FOR INSURANCE FOR HER WE TRY TO DO THE BEST FOR HER, ON THE OTHER HAND I HAVE ONE BIO DAD THAT DOES HIS VERY BEST AT HELPING WITH RAISING HER FROM DISAPLINE TO WHAT EVER SHE NEEDS ITS WONDERFUL TO HAVE A GOOD RELATIONSHIP FOR THE KIDS THEN I HAVE ONE BIO DAD THAT I HAVE NOT EVEN TALKED TO IN YEARS HIS WIFE TRIES TO BE FRIENDS TO ME AN THE KIDS BUT THE KIDS REALLY DONT WANT MUCH TO DO WITH HER THEY WANT THERE REAL DAD TO TO IT BUT HE WONT ITS LIKE PULLING TEETH TO EVEN GET CHILD SUPPORT THEY HAD TO DO A GARNISHMENT TO GET HIM TO PAY AN THEN COMPAILN THEY HAVE TO PAY TO MUCH THEY ONLY PAY 582 FOR 2 KIDS
    MRSGONZALES

Answer by MRSGONZALES at 11:45 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• We pay cs for ss and health insurance as well. We buy him gifts for christmas and birthdays but other than that we do not buy him anything. We pay a shit load of CS. Isnt that what CS for? Buying ss what he needs?
    aznblond9

Answer by aznblond9 at 12:04 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• we are on both sides of that fence...we always help eachother out for the sake of the kids...
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 12:21 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• my ex pays child support, plus he pays for half of preschool, and VERY occasionally he buys her new clothes for school, usually its just hand me down that he gives me from some of his other friends..and she doesnt end up wearing them anyways..lol..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:50 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• my ex just pays child support. He would get him presents and stuff for birthdays but now that I live out of state I doubt that will happen. Not that I need him to get those things, it's just the thought
    heatherann0221

Answer by heatherann0221 at 2:31 AM on Jan. 23, 2009