breeched baby

So i know there is plenty of time still for my baby to turn head down im 26weeks but yesturday at our ultrasound he was breeched big time lol head in my ribs and hes sitting on my cervix with his feet off to my left side. they say he has to 32 weeks to flip around and if he doesnt do it by 35 he probably wont and that at 38 or 39 they will try and turn him by external eversion. Kind of creaped me out is there anythng i can do naturally to help my little guy decided to turn around with in the next few weeks?

Mommy2B04

Asked by Mommy2B04 at 11:16 AM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Not that I know of. My son was breech and I had a scheduled c-section to deliver him. The risks of the aversion were not worth it to me. I think babies choose their positions like they need to. I know a girl whose son was breech and she tried to have him turned and eventually had to have a c-section and it was a good thing cause if she had delivered him vaginally, it probably would not have been good because his cord was so wrapped around his neck it would not have been long enough for him to come out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• google spinning babies. it's a website full of tips to encourage baby to turn. Find a chiropractor who can do the Webster technique on you. People have great results with that. there is also acupressure

Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 12:32 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Sit on a yoga ball for an hour a day if you can, it works. Also, do pelvic tilts and get on your hands and knees a few times during the day. YOu can also get in the sort of yoga child's pose, with your elbows on a pillow and bum in the air. These things supposedly work to turn the baby.
    Anonymous

• Do some research online (use reputable sites!!), but if you have access to a swimming pool (maybe indoor!), try doing handstands in the pool. I agree that accupressure/accupuncture might be a good idea as well. I would talk to my son in utero, like before my 20 week ultrasound ("Spread your little legs!!"). If you feel like that might help, give it a shot. Hopefully, baby will figure it out and get there on his own. Good luck! Oh, if they DO have to do external version, then you should make sure that the doctor that does it has done it MANY times before, because done improperly, it can do some damage.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:27 PM on Jan. 22, 2009