Honestly, how do you feel about overweight people?

It seems like people are so quick to be SO RUDE to people that have weight issues. They say they are ugly, make rude comments, stare, even pick thin friends over ones with weight problems. Honestly, how do you feel??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• I'm not a shallow person, so i don't judge someone based on how they look. I wish the rest of the world would do the same. People want to feel good about themselves, & for some, that means criticizing others. LAME!!!!!!

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:26 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I feel the same way. People need to grow up. I remember a post concerning a cafe mom looking at what an over weight person had in her shopping cart and judging her for it. WHO DOES THAT? I don't care what anyone is buying. I have friends of all shapes and sizes and I luv them all.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:34 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I don't judge if they are over weight.. i have one of my best friends who is over weight. i love her to death she is an amazing person! :) sometimes I'm just like why??? when overweight people wear clothes that are NOT flattering at all for them.. Then I'm like really?? But I don't judge them
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 11:36 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• When I see them (like the 900 pound woman that was on TV) I actually feel bad for them.
    I think that alot of obese people are depressed..
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 11:36 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• The physical appearance of a person shouldnt be important at all. There is people of all shapes, colors, and sizes that are awesome to be around!! The personality of a person is what really counts. If people would open their minds and mature about the "small stuff" like weight and looks....there wouldnt be so many miserable people around. We'd catch more smiles from strangers. People always assume the worse for no reason at all and makes people feel awkward about everything they do. People just to need to mature a lil more.
    xrosa9706x

Answer by xrosa9706x at 11:44 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Ok listion up...I'm a huge person but I'm not a little person either...I get more attention from guys then a lot of my skinny friends....Guys like all shapes and sizes, my husband wants me bigger and hates that I'm losing weight......Just because someone is over weight doesn't mean it gives anyone the right to judge them or treat them diffrently! I went through a lot of rejection growing up because I was always big and it affected my self essteem, I developed eating disorders at 13, still to this day I'm dealing with that but I dont trow up anymoe thanks to my husband making me relize how beautiful I am and that those mean kids are meaningless to me in my life..........
    HappyWifeNmom

Answer by HappyWifeNmom at 11:45 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• This is my major flaw. I feel like most of the time I am fair. But weight is my big flaw. I am considered thin but I am adding on the pounds. In two years I have gone from a size two to an eight. I am working on it and have a plan. But when I see someone very overweight I have fear - that I will look like that. That I won't be able to chase after my son, that I will be made fun of, won't look good in my clothes, and I won't feel well about myself. I know that there are many people who cannot control their weight due to medical issues, depression, access to healthier lifestyle and foods...so I don't place blame. I am just personally afraid of being "fat." I see this as an issue that is souly mine and that I need to correct my own views about myself and my weight.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 11:46 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• People who make fun of others have their own insecurities and need to bring others down with them.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 12:01 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• pleasse don't judge a book by it's cover and do unto others what you would want them to do to you-those asre my mottos-PS: I love overweight people
    Momoftwo278

Answer by Momoftwo278 at 12:05 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• the only overweight people i know are my mother and mil. oh and my sils some of them. i don't think much about them being over weight accept when they complain about it and they are eating cake and cookies. then i think a moment on the lips a lifetime on the hips. i love them anyway. i just feel bad they don't watch what they eat cause they will not be happy and find it hard to move around like my mil. her knees kill her and she can't do much. i saw that same show with the 900 pound women and she said she didn't eat much but her family and care giver said she ate everything and anything. i thought wow that's ladies preconception of herself was way off. although i think it must be hard when you get to a certain size to loose weight. everyone is responsible for how they treat their body so i don't judge.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:09 PM on Jan. 22, 2009