Kind of a dumb question, but has anyone else ever been busted for speeding?

If so, what was your reason behind it?

Mama_of_two30

Asked by Mama_of_two30 at 11:54 PM on Mar. 20, 2012 in General Parenting

• I was in a '94 Camaro Z28 ... 'nuff said.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 11:55 PM on Mar. 20, 2012

• Yes....I have gotten pulled over maybe 3 times for speeding, only once got a ticket though. I remember in HS I got pulled over for speeding to my college class (I was late for a test). The time I got a ticket I was speeding because I had already been driving 4 hours and I just wanted to get to my destination already, the cop was even nice to me. I was going at least 20 over but he saw that I was in the military and said he only caught me doing 15 over, which made it only an $80 fine instead of $200 with a court date!
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 11:58 PM on Mar. 20, 2012

• No, I haven't....but I must admit that I have a lead foot. I got busted for a U-TURN.............a stinkin U-TURN...............$105....boo

Oh, I am an absolute liar!!! I did get a speeding ticket once. I had just rented a rental car...a big SUV. I got a ticket for going 49 in a 35. The cop wouldn't even take into consideration that I was within 5 miles of the rental agency and that my car was a tiny coupe. I really didn't realize how fast I was going. I can't remember the cost of that ticket and honestly, I had forgotten all about it....I must have been 20 at the time. (I'm currently 33)
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:22 AM on Mar. 21, 2012

• So far I've never received one but there have been times I deserved one, lol
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 12:22 AM on Mar. 21, 2012

• Unfortunatly yes, once when I was 19. My husband paid the ticket and got it deffered so it never went on my record. Bad part is if my kids ask, which they will I have to fess up :/
    HmschoolingMom

Answer by HmschoolingMom at 12:52 AM on Mar. 21, 2012

• I got pulled over once but fortunately didn't get a ticket. No particular reason why i did it I was just going with the flow of traffic and lost track of my speed
    beckysud

Answer by beckysud at 4:43 AM on Mar. 21, 2012

• The only time I've ever been pulled over I got a ticket. 56 in a 45, and I was under 21 at the time so I had to either fight the ticket in court our take an expensive eight hour driving class on a Saturday. Went to court, list, had to pay court fees and the ticket, also had to take the class. Sad thing is the one time I got a ticket was when I honestly didn't know I was speeding. Unfamiliar area in the middle of nowhere with no posted speed limit signs since I had turned into that road. Cop didn't care much, obviously.
    xxbyamomentx

Answer by xxbyamomentx at 7:19 AM on Mar. 21, 2012

• Lost, not list... I'm using my phone and it's early in the morning...sorry!
    xxbyamomentx

Answer by xxbyamomentx at 7:20 AM on Mar. 21, 2012

• I got pulled over for speeding once, and lucky for me I only got a warning and not a ticket.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 7:36 AM on Mar. 21, 2012

• i was late getting back into town to pick up my kids from school. the officer took pity on my and only wrote me up for a few miles over the speed limit, instead of how far over i really was.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 8:59 AM on Mar. 21, 2012