Has anyone heard of Tio Nachos shampoo?

I was recently at Target and I was looking at their latino products. I was holding a bottle of Tio Nacho's shampoo when this lady told me it makes your hair grow fast. My hair has recently gotten thinner and I shed a great deal every time I wash it. She claimed that she had cancer and lost all of her hair due to Chemo , but this shampoo really made her hair grow back fast and she grew really thick hair and had to stop using it. I was sold!! Her hair did look super thick too. I've been using it for 2 months now and I'm not sure I notice any new hair. Just wondering if any moms on here have used it or know anyone who has?

LIFO

Asked by LIFO at 12:13 AM on Mar. 21, 2012 in Beauty & Style

• No, I am sorry that is one I have not tried. For hair thickening, I usually recommend the Nioxin line.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:25 AM on Mar. 21, 2012

• No! But Horse & Mane shampoo and conditioner (for horses) helps because it is very thick (so you have to wash it out and out and out, which means more stimulation to the scalp which I think helps), at least we use it in Houston Texas.

One thing I want to add about thin hair, is if your hair is dark, it shows more. Adding highlights kind of hides it a bit. With the dark hair, your scalp is very bright against it. Hope this helps.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 12:56 AM on Mar. 21, 2012

• Thanks ladies!
    LIFO

Comment by LIFO (original poster) at 1:48 PM on Mar. 21, 2012

• I don't think it was the shampoo that grew her hair back in like that. I used Nioxin for a while but didn't like the smell. My beautician told me to use any type of Volumizing shampoo so I went back to Pantene Volumizing and I'm happy. It is still thinning but mine is hereditary so nothing I can do my doctor says. Talk to your doctor to see if there is another reason for your thinning. Sometimes it can be easily fixed.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:02 PM on Mar. 21, 2012

• Nope
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:10 PM on Mar. 21, 2012

• I bought Tio Nacho Shampoo. I lived in California. California labels all products that contain any chemical known by the state that cause cancer. Tio Nacho is one of them. I bought the shampoo. When I read the label,I brought back to the store. :(
    Annvillann

Answer by Annvillann at 7:55 PM on Jul. 25, 2013