Anyone else annoyed that Geithner will be confirmed?

I am furious his guy will be confirmed. Anyone else pissed this guy was allowed to make it out of committee?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes, he isn't a good role model when it comes to paying your dues. Oh well, do as I say, not as I do. I guess that saying isn't just for parents.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:31 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I am not happy about this either. He is going to be in charge of the IRS for one thing. The very agency he cheated. I do not buy the mistake of not paying his back taxes. Most people are terrified of the IRS and know that each year taxes are due. I just do not like this. no no no
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 11:36 AM on Jan. 22, 2009

• This is SOOOOO WRONG! And Obama is showing he very much lacks in backbone for allowing this to go though!
    Anonymous

• Confirming this criminal as head of the IRS will be a mistake. I hope somebody puts a stop to it. We as a nation need healing and reform, and one place to start is to know that the people in charge of things are law-abiding moral citizens. The IRS alrady has far too much power and could too easily be open to corruption. The person at the top needs to be squeaky clean and in no way suceptible to temptation or blackmail.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 12:01 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Its a huge mistake. Oh well. I didnt figure the next 4 yrs would be fun and ethical so I am not shocked.

Answer by gemgem at 12:05 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I agree with him needing to be squeaky clean. I guess we can all stop paying our taxes and when the IRS comes after us just say Turbo Tax screwed up and did would not let us file.
    Anonymous

• Like there was no bad appointments under Bush either right?

Please. While not paying your taxes is stupid, there are many people who do it. He paid it up, better than I can say for a lot of people who keep trying to avoid paying their taxes.

He'll be confirmed. Good for him. He'll also be a lot more careful in the future.
    Anonymous

• We are not talking about Bush seems if you have any intelligence you can defend Obamas choice without bringing up the prior administration.

Obama is talking about change this does not seem like change to me just the same old corruption that has gone on for decades. I may not pay my taxes next year in protest. I will tell them I am using the Geithner method and will pay only when I feel like it. I can use the 25k a year we pay more than the IRS can.
    Anonymous

• He is the most qualified for the position however, he has commited fraud....if you or I had done what he hass/had we would be in deep doo doo...

So because he got caught (this is to the anon right above me) and was forced after lying about it to pay them, then it's all ok? How do you not see a problem with it? He is going to be inforcing things in our Fed Gov't?
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 12:18 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• oops ok make that the anon above the anon above me..*s*
    mamakirs