how much is it normal to bleed when you are 5 weeks pregnant after you have the pap smear done?

i did my pap on Thursday and started spotting latter that day and the doctor told me that i might bleed a little after that, and so today is saturday and instead of going away it seems to be a bit heavier and im really worried, i have no cramps, no back pain or nohing is just the bleeding, and its more like red know, has that ever happend to anybody else here???

verito19

Asked by verito19 at 4:55 PM on Jul. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I'd call my doctor. I didnt bleed at all after my pap but I think if you do it should only be a little spotting.
    CaylaLU

Answer by CaylaLU at 5:32 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• I have the same thing right now i'm 3 weeks pregnant and i went in for a pap and a day later i started spotting for like a day and now its been day 3 and it looks like if i would be on my normal period.
    yola72407

Answer by yola72407 at 7:21 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• If you experience any amount of bleeding more then spotting then you should call or go to the doctor even without cramps. I had a pap at 7 weeks and when I used the bathroom the next morning a lot of watery blood came out but then it stopped completely. It might be ok but contact your doctor just in case.
    expecting209

Answer by expecting209 at 9:46 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• I am going through the same thing. when I woke up yesterday morning and went to the bathroom and wiped there was a lot of blood, but after going to the ER and having an ultrasound the Dr. said the baby was fine with a heart rate of 120. They don't know where the blood is coming from.
    Dx. Threatened Miscarriage. Just rest and and try to limit act.
    naeeamah18

Answer by naeeamah18 at 4:47 PM on Jul. 21, 2008