Teacher

hello mommies!

If you are a teacher a need your honest opinion on this 4 questions.

a. Why did you choose to go into teaching? She went into teaching because she

b. Tell about the positive side of teaching:

c. Do the parents of your students support the school?

d. Does the State and Federal Governments support the schools?

Jamie8788

Asked by Jamie8788 at 12:12 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Money & Work

• Well, I can tell you that I have a degree in Elementary Education but I have not used it except for subbing. I found out during my student teaching that I din't really like it. Here is why...you are "trapped" in a classroom all day. You can't leave to go to the bathroom unless it is recess or lunch or something. You will ALWAYS have work to take home with you...lesson planning, grading, etc. You are required to stay after for meetings, which is difficult if you have children to pick up fomr a daycare. You are underpaid. Even when you are off, like for the summertime you still have to plan for the next school year and get your classroom together. There are WAY to many kids in one classroom sometimes....I was in one with 32 kids and no teacher aid. If you are sick, you still have to go in in the morning to make lesson plans for the sub.

sassyhettel

Answer by sassyhettel at 6:34 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• There are positives......like being with children (I love children), and having all holidays and summers off. Some people love it, even with all the work and under-appreciation. I would just rather be home with my own kids instead of spending all day with other people's kids. Just my honest opinion. I do like to sub though, because when the day is done you walk away with no lesson planning or grading so maybe I will do that again someday!
    sassyhettel