What was the worst and/or best reactions from your loved ones that you were/are pregnant?

mommymomo07

Asked by mommymomo07 at 12:13 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Worst, my mil asked my husband if he was mad at me. We got pregnant unintentionally, and apparently she thought I must have sabotaged. Oh boy
    Best, a good friend I told was so happy for me and told me congratulations. I told her we really weren't that excited yet because this was unplanned and we had be contemplating a vasectomy for my husband. She said obviously this was an answer to prayer, just not the one we'd prayed for. She's really good at putting things into perspective
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 12:19 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Worst was with my 3rd baby who was NOT planned and I got pregnant when my 2nd was 5 mths old. I told my mom and she asked if I planned to keep it or abort it. I was pissed. Best was with my mil she cried and said she wished she could have been there with me when I found out.

Answer by gemgem at 12:23 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Worst: When I told my mother that I was pregnant with my third child, she said "oh, Jennifer..." Like I told her I had done the worst imaginable thing ever.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 12:28 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• best ~ my sister cried out of happiness.
    erlsk

Answer by erlsk at 12:36 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• worst was when me and my bf told his parents, and she plain out called me a bitch a slut and asked who the father was..and when i said well obviously its your sons..she said no, theres no way it could be..and i was like WERE YA THERE WHEN WE HAD SEX???? lol..and then she kicked me outta the house..and yaaa apparently that was the last time i saw my bf too..he sided with his mom!! 3 years later i went after him, and he demanded a paternity test SUPRISE!! IT WAS HIS!! lol..idiots!! and the best reaction...my best friend at tthe time..because she was already 4 months pregnant, so she was so excited we were gonna be having babies together, and be on mat leave together..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:42 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Worst was with my 2nd. My oldest was only 3 months when we found out. My MIL asked my DH how he was gonna feel when he came home from work and found our son screaming and crying and I was laying in the floor dead b/c I couldn't carry another baby that soon after giving birth. (I had a c-section.) I was super pissed! We were already worried about my health and I felt she was way out of line. It was real insensitive and inconsiderate.

Best was all 3 of them, and it was telling my DH. He was SOO excited! Even though our 2nd was a surprise and we were worried, we were also excited.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 12:59 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• best was when my mom and dad were in tennessee cause my grandpa died and i told them over the phone. there were so happy to be having there first grandchild but were so sad. telling them made it a little easier for them to cope i guess. i dont think there was a worst but my dad did ask what happened to my birth control when i got pregante again and my mom she was i guess a little surprised. my husband dad and i mom i guess just shooked there heads i dont know what they said nor do i care.
    mommyofone0724

Answer by mommyofone0724 at 1:03 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Worst-was when my mother called me a slut and a whore and said that she wasent going to tell my grandparents because at there age(90) it would propobly kill them!It wasent a planned pregnancy.
    Best-was when i told the girls i worked with and they all started screaming and jumping up and down and hugging me. They gave me a huge baby shower and i went home with enough diapers for 6 months!
    alexsmomma06

Answer by alexsmomma06 at 1:04 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• worst-I told my mother and she freaked out!! She told me that she guessed that I would do everything fast and I didn't think this through-I was 25, married with a stable job. I didn't answer her calls for a week until hubby suggested I talk to her. It still kind of hurts to this day but she has since gotten over it and is thrilled to have her 7th grandchild. Mind you, I'm the youngest and the only one who was actually in a position to take care of a baby when I had one. Brother and sister were teenagers.
    k.alexander

Answer by k.alexander at 1:25 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Worst--My bf told his mom and we talked a few days later. Her response was that SOMEONE wasn't using proper bc. I politely told her that it took both of us. She also told me that I ruined my life and that I wouldn't finish college ever. I have every intention of going back after my DD turns one.

Best--My family. I had an ovary removed due to medical complications and we didnt' think that I would be able to get prego w/o invitro. They through me a huge baby shower and we had almost everything we needed.
    coala

Answer by coala at 1:29 PM on Jan. 22, 2009