Has OBAMA signed FOCA yet?

Trying to see the good in his Presidency is what I am about and he clearly addressed the nation that this would not be a nation that tortures.
So I ask did he sign the "Freedom of Choice Act"?http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_Choice_Act
A woman can already get abortions as long as a fetus isn't viable. Does this then allow woman to get an abortion regardless of the age of the fetus?
When I read the act it would appear that it does. If he intends to sign it will he make amendments to it? Anybody know?

But then what happens to the "Born Alive" act? http://www.nrlc.org/federal/born_alive_infants/Baipatext.pdf
Please I do not want this to turn into a bad debate I would just like to hear the answers to the question.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Well i really hope that stuff about him being for partial birth abortions... i am not to fond of the man and this would just increase it....

the baby has a heartbeat after 4 weeks.... i have had a friend whose gave birth at 5 1/2 months and the baby lived... so to abort at this stage is wrong and should be considered murder
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 12:47 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• it sounds like it to me.. so any women can go in there and says she is depressed and then get a partial birth abortion. because it states that after viability if the mothers health or life is in danger.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 12:51 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• what gets me too is if some one harms you while you are pregnant and it is after 20 weeks and the baby dies it is murder so how is this not murder??
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 12:52 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• It will be a sad day for the unborn if this is signed. I will stop paying taxes if this is passed and taxpayer money is used to fund abortions. It is still up in the air if that will be lifted. I will not allow my money to pay for murder. They can put me in jail that is fine I will not pay to murder innocent babies.

Anonymous

• sorry anon. but taxpayer money does NOT go for abortions.. atleast where i am from there not.

you made a great point mrssundin how if you fight a pregnant woman after 20 weeks and its murder if the baby dies but not an abortion? huh.... thats a really great point
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 1:15 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• It does not go towards it now that is correct. Since FOCA is very vague we have no clue whether this will be interpreted to override Hyde which does keep the taxpayer from funding the killing of the unborn. The way Obama and Democrats feel about preserving the right to kill the innocent I would not be shocked to see Hyde overridden and our tax dollars used.

Anonymous

• Just a ?.....is it true that it would mean a minor could have one w/o parent consent or notification?That is what I wanna know????
    tomsbrandi

Answer by tomsbrandi at 1:59 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

According to the way you can interpret the legislation yes that could be a ramnification of it.
    Anonymous

• According to the way you can interpret the legislation yes that could be a ramnification of it.

Well then hell no!I would not want my daughter to be able to do that!!!!I mean besides the aboration(which I am against...tell me what is so wrong w/adoption) they dont know my daughters medical history and what happens if something where to go wrong?That is messing w/my parent rights and the stupidest thing I have heard!
    tomsbrandi

Answer by tomsbrandi at 2:09 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• *abortion
    tomsbrandi

Answer by tomsbrandi at 2:10 PM on Jan. 22, 2009