How do you think politicians define ethics?

Why does their definition seem different then the way we as parents define ethics?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• i dont think they understand ethics. period. doesnt matter if they are repub or demo or indie or whatever. think about it-the world they live in is SO different that the everyday world we live in. i think it is so easy to become out of touch with normality. usually for someone to be in the spotlight politically, that means they have been a politician for quiet some time. the longer they are in that "world of politicians" the harder it is for them to see the blurry line of ethics. JMO
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 12:35 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Some seem to think whatever they can get away with is "ethical".

Friday

Answer by Friday at 12:37 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I agree with ivelostmyself... it's hard for a pollitician to have ethics... our country is so diverse, and they are trying to keep everyone happy. They can have a feeling about something and it's going to piss someone off, so they kinda have to throw ethics out that window and do whatever they have to, to stay in office...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 12:39 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Many politician's definition of ethics means, "Whatever I can get away with without being caught" the same as there are many parents whose code of ethics consist of, "Do as I say not as I do." It should be about setting an example in both respects...unfortunately that is not always the case.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 12:40 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• what political ethics? That is an oxymoron in my book.
    Anonymous

• I'm with anon. on this one. You can't have the two words together.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 12:52 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• They have ethics?

Answer by gemgem at 12:56 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• LOL. You said politician and ethics in the same sentence.
    Momtocccd

Answer by Momtocccd at 12:57 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• They don't have any ethics. Politician and ethical cannot go together. They are polar opposites.
    Anonymous

• They don't...period
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 12:59 PM on Jan. 22, 2009