• In the Spotlight:

Are you sensitive to certain things?

I am about somethings, but i am not so sensitive to people who are putting themselves in bad situations or making bad decisions. You have to try and better yourself, or you will get nowhere in this world. For example people that whine about always being broke irritate me when they are the ones, that don't want to get out of ther cadillac escalade, and drive something cheaper, or don't want to wear clothes that aren't name brand. Hello, bringing the broke status upon your self. Tone down your lifestyle. Or people that whine because there husband is mean to them and won't give them any money. Well, get a job, and make your own money. Even if just part time to pay for daycare, and have a little spending money. Lots of moms work and still make a perfect home for there husband. To me, i am not sympathetic at all when it comes to situations that can be fixed, avoided, or gotten out of. What about you? sensitive or not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:34 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• NOT!!! I 100% agree with you on all that.

Answer by louise2 at 12:45 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• no i am not sensitive. it sux that many folks are having some extreme financial difficulties, but most of the ones i know had made bad decisions. our family's finances are in really bad shape, but it has nothing to do with the economy. we made some dumb choices, and i totally hold ourselves, and us alone, accountable for our struggles. we have taken the Financial Peace University course by David Ramsey, and now we feel so much more secure because we incorporate a budget plan! so i have a hard time being sympathetic towards those who complain. a lot of these people i've run into make so much more than my husband does, and it boils my blood.
    chickenhobbit

Answer by chickenhobbit at 12:46 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I get it... I don't know if I call it sensitive.. probably more like ambivalent. Usually I don't know what to think of people who put themselves in places, or keep themselves in places and then complains incessantly about the place their in. There are people that just don't seem to know that they DO have a choice... if you're broke and you're paying $700 a month for a car payment so you can have the latest and greatest, then you're being obtuse and obviously you're priorities are in need or rearranging. There are people who SEEM to have no choice... but if you really examined their situation you'd find that what they don't have it the ability to make that hard decision. They lack the discipline to make themselves do what has to be done.... doesn't make them bad.. .. just human; emotionally attached to their problem. Then there are the truly trapped people... and it's for them that I have true concern and empathy.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 12:48 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• yeah i see that many people can get themselves OUT of the situation but at the same time you dont know these people. they may have a really tough time with these things. and jobs are hard to come by. at least where i live. so i wouldnt be so mean to those people. try to understand where they are coming from. and my SIL puts her baby in daycare and she works full time....she still has BARELY any spending money. so its not as easy as it looks.
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 1:17 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I am sympathetic to others to a certain extent. Some situations are beyond our control, and you just don't know what circumstances led them down the path they are on. But I agree, there comes a time for you to take responsibility for your own life! I have had many low points in my life, but I refuse to stay there. If you always talk about being broke, you hate your job, your miserable in your relationship, etc etc, and do nothing to change it, you will always be like that. Life is too short! You have to have the will to want to make it better, one issue at a time. But I agree, all the petty things some people complain about is total BS. They don't even know what "real" problems are! I always say to myself they will have an eye opener one day soon. Just give it time.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 1:26 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• on the things you stated i 100% agree with you..
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 2:12 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Sensitive isn't the word you're looking for. Nothing in your post is remotely related to sensitivity. Sympathy, perhaps, or lack thereof.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 3:46 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I hate people.
    kimberleee382

Answer by kimberleee382 at 3:54 PM on Jan. 22, 2009