Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Slandared (libel) here on CM

I have been slandared (Libel) here on CM. There is a member that has attacked me in the forums, chat, and though PM. This has now crossed over in my real life, she is making threats, calling, texting, and leaving messages. What can I do to protect myself? She has acused me of varius differnt things none of which I have done.... Help me please.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

Answers (17)
  • How on earth did she manage to get your cell number? I'd change my number and file a report with the police. That's harrassment.

    Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:50 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

  • First, report her here on cafemom, then go with what ReneeK3 said.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

  • contact cafemom, if you haven't already. save and make copies of emails, texts, etc. if you can, record her calls and save any voice messages. and cal the cops! sorry this is happening, good luck!

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

  • OP here, I HAVE contacted CM and they have done nothing to stop her
    and as for knowing my numbers, she and I were friends in real life....(military)

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

  • What, how did she get your number? She seriously sounds like s sico. I know i voice my opinion strongly in post when answering. I tend to not sugar coat things. But it stays at that question. I never go to someones page and message them because i don't like there question or answer. I think you should delete your account and start another one under a nother screen name, and either change your cell number, or call your company and see if they can block it. Tip: I knew a girl who had verizon wireless, and she got a threat from one of her ex husbands friends. It was a private call so she called verizon to see if she could get a copy of the number from them. They told her no not ulsess she got a court order for it since it was private. If you can get that, or keep texts, you can seriously use it for charges against her. Good Luck. Hope the wierdo goes away.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

  • OP: Just call the police and report her for harrassment then. I'd also file a restraining order. I wouldn't tolerate it for 5 minutes!

    Answer by ReneeK3 at 1:01 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

  • wow this is kinda scary well i would keep reporting it to CM, and contact the MP's if you are still in the military... try to keep copies of all the txts and messages.... and make it noted to the police if she tries to act you YOU WILL defend yourself by all means ness.

    Here on my base they actually were having break ins ( its a little off sub. but i have a point). and our neighbor saw someone in our back yard while we were out on night.. well they called and we came back and called the MPs my husband told them if he is gone and i see someone in the yard or trying to get in (BASICALLY IF I FEEL THREATEND) that i can and i will shoot them....


    Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 1:05 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

  • (cont)

    my point to that is the MPs told us if we feel threatened we can react... so i would call them and let them know the deal and if they dont/cant do anything you just let them know if she does actually attack you you will do whatever....

    in the meantime just keep trying to make reports... if u annoy them enough it might make em do something

    Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 1:05 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

  • Are you the person who did not send someone their stuff you sold them? If you didn't send her the stuff she didn't lie about you. You can block her from calling but maybe give her the refund or the stuff and she will leave you alone.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

  • if she already knew you previous to finding you on CM then you need to contact real authorities and not try to deal with this on CM.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:11 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.