Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Slandared her on CM

I have been slandared (Libel) here on CM. There is a member that has attacked me in the forums, chat, and though PM. This has now crossed over in my real life, she is making threats, calling, texting, and leaving messages. What can I do to protect myself? She has acused me of varius differnt things none of which I have done.... Help me please.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (16)
  • Report her on here and show them the proof

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:50 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

  • Contact CM. Print out everything you can and take it to the police.

    Answer by ChelsB at 12:50 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

  • OP here, I have, and CM has done nothing, they told me to contact the local police...

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

  • How the hell did this person get your cell phone number, home number and you're real name... You are gonna have to change your phone number, call the police and limit your accessibility on CM. This is the weirdest thing I've ever seen on here... no offense.. but is this for real.. WOW> if it is it blows me away....

    Answer by PaceMyself at 12:51 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

  • OP here.... we were friends (military)

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

  • You can contact cafemom but one thing many people forgot about are the anti stalking laws. You should look into the internet antistalking laws. I have a friend have this happen to her and she documented everything, printed every email, phone call, journal, etc and called the cops. They seized the stalkers comp and got evidence from it. She was sentenced and now is not allowed to have internet service at her home or a computer for 5 yrs, has to stay away from my friend, and all that. So, print it out, tell cafemom what youre doing, and call the cops.

    Answer by gemgem at 12:52 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

  • You know her in real life it sounds like to me. You can cancel your cafe mom. And come back on with a different screen name.  And the real world stuff. Don't answer her.


    Answer by louise2 at 12:55 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

  • Have you contacted the police? CM cannot get her out of your life in the real world.

    Answer by Tawanda74 at 1:21 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

  • I would contact club mom get a new membership with a new name with club mom. Change your phone number print copies of any threats she is making towards you siber bullying is illegal report this to the police.


    Answer by mommiedear at 1:31 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

  • frankly no disrespect to you i know you are going through alot but me? i'd be kickin her ass.

    Answer by jodi205 at 1:34 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.