Do you think offering online childbirth classes and etc. are a good idea?

Quick question...? I'm training to become a childbirth educator. I'm thinking of offering online classes, which would be significantly cheaper for everyone. It would include pdf "handouts", Information on different birthing aspects that the mother is personally interested in, birth plan support, a few phone informational chats and constant support and advice throughout pregnancy and delivery as well. I would also love to council breastfeeding mothers as well, since I will be training to become a postpartum doula and breastfeeding councelor after this. Does this sound like a good idea? Its something I really want to do. I'd like you ladies POV.

MattsMomma216

Asked by MattsMomma216 at 12:52 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• would be paired with a childbrith class because i would want to work with someone in person as well just to make sure im doing it right but i would use the online class too
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 12:58 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• For the actual Lamaze of Bradley, etc section, I would say keep it in a classroom, but I think as long as you can still do something interactive with people for questions, you might be okay to do something online. Plus, you can e-mail visuals to people that way, and find them as you need them, if need be. Not a bad idea, actually! =) For some things, though, I would want to work with people in a classroom, like breastfeeding help, showing people how to change a baby's diaper, use relaxation techniques, etc.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:12 PM on Jan. 22, 2009