What small gift should I leave for my daughter after we move her into her dorm?

I want to leave her something that she can look back on to lift her and encourage her while she is away at college. We already bought her a nice leather bound bible for Christmas. What do you suggest or what have you received that meant a lot to you??

ladyoprayer2

Asked by ladyoprayer2 at 5:02 PM on Jul. 19, 2008 in Adult Children (18+)

• A picture of the family?
    I Love Pictures!
    It brings back memories.
    kookiekayla

Answer by kookiekayla at 5:05 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• scrapbook of pix and mementos of home?

Answer by admckenzie at 5:08 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• small gift? Get her one of those digital picture frames. They will hold a picture card that holds up to like 1000 pictures or however many you want it thold. You just put the pictures on the card, put the card in the frame and away it goes. ITS AWESOME!!!!
    mom_amy_mason

Answer by mom_amy_mason at 5:21 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• pictures! hide loving notes in her things so when shes unpacking and even later on she will find them. you could always send her thinking of you cards.
    amanru8

Answer by amanru8 at 6:10 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• *Box of homemade goodies
    *Gift card to starbucks or subway
    *I love you" note from you!!
    *Fun pajamas

TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 9:11 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• I made my MIL cry when I made her a picture book off of snapfish.com I got pictures from all her special moments and all the people she loved and it was really simple. If you are more crafty then a scrapbook. Just try not to be to mushy so she will want to show her friends. Also did she have a favorite stuffed animal as a kid that you have saved after she discarded a lovey or such. If so find it and clean it up then even if she doesn't sleep with it she can always remember home and love.
    ilovemybananer

Answer by ilovemybananer at 10:12 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• a journal for writing might be nice or book with a special message in it- check out the children's section- maybe- Oh the places you can go, dr. suess or The kissing Hand ?
    jenbf12

Answer by jenbf12 at 10:35 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• maybe a daily reflections journal, that she can write in and it has scriptures, or a spiritual cd?
    camtri3

Answer by camtri3 at 11:56 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• i agree a journal that she can put all her thoughts regarding first year of college.
    auntiesusie

Answer by auntiesusie at 2:02 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• How about a "home" box, its a box filled with stuff from home that will make her feel more at home, it can contain anything, pictures, food from home, a journal, cash?, a phone card, anything like that. Good luck!
    clarasmommy08

Answer by clarasmommy08 at 10:26 PM on Jul. 20, 2008