I dont know what to do anymore.

I am currently battling staph infection, and right now staph is winning. I have had 4 abcesses from it in the past 3 weeks, and my fifth one is popping up now. I have been constantly on antibiotics and taking them as directed and untill they rre gone, but no more than a week after they are done another pops up. I dont know what to do anymore, I am in so much pain from being cut open, and feel drained all the time. What do i do? Could it be an underlying medical condition causing them. Im confused and at my wits end.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:12 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Health

• Well i went back to my doc. it is mrsa, but he has me on a stronger antibiotic for the next 30 days.
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 11:17 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I am sorry your going threw this. But you need to just talk to your doctor about this

Answer by louise2 at 1:16 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• He already knows about it. I just got lanced open two days ago.
    Anonymous

• Perhaps the staph infection is immune to front line antibiotics. Go talk to your doctor about how the antibiotics are not working. Ask if there are others that can be tried. If possible see the same doctor each time so there is consistency in your care and he/she is aware of your case. Every time you switch doctors they start at step one again and it sounds like step one isn't working for you.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 1:24 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• its MRSA not MERSA. But yeah, that could be it.
    Anonymous

• Ok first of all, you need to go see your doctor ASAP and find out if it is MRSA. My best friend was diagnosed with just a staph infection but it wouldn't go away wouldn't go away wouldn't go away, and then she went to another doctor who told her she had MRSA, She gave it to my daugther (completly by accident) and my daughter had to have some nasty shots. IT IS NOT TO BE MESSED AROUND WITH! MRSA can KILL you! MRSA is a Staph infection gone bad. It has been getting around a lot latley. One of the schools had a huge break out and goodness knows how far it has spread.

http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/methicillin-resistant-staphylococcus-aureus-mrsa-overview

http://www.webmd.com/video/mrsa-infections-rise
    Alaska_Moma

Answer by Alaska_Moma at 6:08 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I agree it could be MRSA and the DR. can do a panel to see what antibiotics this infection is resistant to. My opinion he should have done the panel first then started a pic line. That's how they got rid of my staph infection, that I got from having back surgery. The longer it is left basically untreated the harder it will become to treat and easier for you to develop staph again. Pills take to long to break down and start to treat an infection. Iv antibiotics are much quicker. now the only thing the antibiotic pills are doing is killing off your good bacteria. Back to the DR, for you and if you can't be treated correctly go to the ER.

decafsis

Answer by decafsis at 6:19 PM on Jan. 22, 2009