Foster parenting

I am looking for anyone who has experience with the foster care system. Any input would be great, from likes to dislikes, reason you got into it, and any other information that can help me get on my way to making a final decision, and possibly getting into foster parenting. Thanks a lot.

smltwnmom

Asked by smltwnmom at 1:16 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

• You need to start by contacting social services. They have meetings and paperwork to go through with you and it explains everything. Some positives are that you get to make a difference in a childs life that they otherwise might not have had. The negatives is growing attached and having to let them go. Some times dealing with visitations is ok, but sometimes it isnt. Really just set up a meeting and talk with a worker and see if its even what youd want to do.

Answer by gemgem at 1:23 PM on Jan. 22, 2009