Has anyone gotten one of those government grants?????

I was wondering if anyone actually Received "free money" from the government. There was a cd saying how to do it for like 3 bucks and I just wanted to if this was a scam or are these government grants the real deal

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Money & Work

• If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is. Very few things are free these days.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 1:19 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I get a pell grant every year for school. Its a govt grant.

Answer by gemgem at 1:19 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• find a good grant writer
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 1:21 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Yes these Government grants are real. They are mostly targeted to a specific group, women are eligible to recieve many different grants. You do have to hire someone to write out the grant and application though which is where the money part of it comes in, but it is legit and worth looking into.
    WishyClarkson

Answer by WishyClarkson at 1:22 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• There are some, however, you need to be careful. My best friend's husband is trying this. So far he has spend hundreds of dollars to "apply" and gotten nothing. I looked up information from the government's website and it said (this was in Nov) they they are only doing grants for non profits, such as neighborhood watch organizations right now (he was trying to get a 120,000 small business grant he saw online). There is a lot to get even the non profit ones, too. You have to have a written plan of exactly what you are going to spend down to the penny. If something changes then you have to get that approved.
    Anonymous