how do I cook rutabegas, turnips, or parsnips?

I want to start adding these veggies into my diet, but not sure how to cook them. Please help.

wmjsease

Asked by wmjsease at 1:18 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Food & Drink

• i don't have a clue i am hoping to find out though
    Anonymous

• Dice or slice, toss with olive oil, sea salt, black pepper...then roast at 375-400*f until tender inside.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 3:33 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I whip up parsnips like mashed poatoes. They taste awfully similar, and are a little bit healthier (I think - less starch?). I've also seen a lot of recipes calling for those on www.epicurious.com, though I haven't tried any of them.
    BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 7:19 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I cook turnips by dicing them in to small squares, putting a little bit of oil or bacon for flavoring in the pot on the stove and then adding the turnips and enough water to cover them half way and keep and eye on the water level. At first the heat needs to be at least med-high then once they start to get soft you can turn it down. Just don't let too much water cook out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on Jan. 23, 2009