Diaper rash help!!!

My daughter is 9 months old has had diarrhea since yesterday and of course her bottom was a little red yesterday so immediately I started desitin so she wouldn't have a rash but she does and I feel like the desitin isn't working!!! What is your opinion of the best diaper rash cream and do you have any home remedies to help ease the pain of the diaper rash and make it better faster?

Asked by aheuszel at 5:38 PM on Mar. 21, 2012 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I like butt paste and just air. Air is the BEST cure!

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:46 PM on Mar. 21, 2012

• ^^That^^

Butt paste and air are the best solutions, IMO

Answer by BrawnwynII at 5:46 PM on Mar. 21, 2012

• A and d is what i like... but give her a bath and let her air dry then put cream on.

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 5:53 PM on Mar. 21, 2012

• I will have to go get some butt paste and let her crawl around naked tonight! Thanks ladies :)

Comment by aheuszel (original poster) at 5:56 PM on Mar. 21, 2012

• My daughter started teething at nine months and diarrhea got really bad which caused diaper rash. What worked for me was Butt Paste every diaper and warm baths every night. Now I do that every time I see diaper rash and it's completely gone by next day.

Answer by themodestgal at 6:27 PM on Mar. 21, 2012

• If Desitin doesn't clear it then it might be a fungal infetion. Honestly your best bet is a trip to the pediatrician if the above suggestions show no improvement in two or three days.

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:15 PM on Mar. 21, 2012

• since you won't be able to get some butt paste until tomorrow. When you do have her in a diaper, put vaseline or aquafor on her tush, then apply the desitin. It gives a really good layer of extra protection.

Answer by balagan_imma at 7:15 PM on Mar. 21, 2012

• **infection**

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:16 PM on Mar. 21, 2012

• You have to wash her buns after every poop. Every pee. The skin has to be cleaned not just wiped. Then cornstarch works great. If it isn't doing it, I actually used Polysporin on their buns overnight and it completely fixed the red, raw rash.

• We were at the doctor today for her 9 month check up and he looked at it and said just keep doing the diaper rash cream. For the corn starch, do you just sprinkle it on?

Comment by aheuszel (original poster) at 9:37 PM on Mar. 21, 2012