Do you think our New President Barak Obama is doing good in first days in office?

What do you think about him freezing the pay of white house staff who makes over $100,000.00 a year?

What do you think about him closing Guantanamo Bay Prison?

How do you think he is doing?

redneckmom777

Asked by redneckmom777 at 1:31 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Obama is a great person for the job. I just wish that everybody wasn't making this a race thing. yes he's the first black president but that isnt all. that has nothing to do with his politics and yet its all everyone talks about. people say martin luther king jr would be proud but in reality, he wouldn't. dr. king wanted everyone to be equal no matter their race. praising obama for being a black president would not make him equal. instead we need to focus on the politics instead of every news broadcast mentioning his color. people didn't vote for him just for his color so it shouldn't be the focus on anoguration day
    funsizedmommi

Answer by funsizedmommi at 4:29 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• yes on freezing the pay
    NOOOOO on Guantanamo
    No on Geithner

Too early to tell really
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 1:35 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I did not vote for him, But being president is a hard job. One that I do not want. He is our president now and we have to stand behind him. We have Stand up and fight for what we believe in and for each other. We have to be in one accord especially now with the economy like it is. We have to help each other. Take our Fore Fathers example and love and respect each other.
    redneckmom777

Answer by redneckmom777 at 1:41 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• So far I like everything he has done. Especially the lobbyist restrictions and the pay freeze. But closing GITMO is good as well as is the exectuve order regarding torture.
    Anonymous

• Those are the people who feed him and his family, and wash his underwear. He must like danger or angering those closest to him. Whatever. $100K is nothing living in DC.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 1:49 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I think he is off to a good start.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 1:50 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• great start, in my opinion.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 2:17 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• GREAT start!!!
    Also add that he has signed documents to create a more transparent government - which I think will ultimatley benefit us as citizens - we need to know what those politicians are doing!!
    Bellacossina

Answer by Bellacossina at 2:28 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• he can sign all the pretty sheets of paper he wants but he sure did block the press corp from seeing that 2nd swearing in........Transparent my rear end.
    Anonymous

• Anon 2:40: oh brother. I saw all the pics. Considering it was Roberts mistake that caused the problem to begin with, I'd have thought ya'll would have tried to make everyone forget that little faux pa.
    Anonymous