Would anyone here who supported or didn't support Obama like to fight this piece of legislation?

I didn't vote for Obama but I am willing to give him a chance but I just cannot stomach his "Freedom of Choice Act". Women already have the right to abort a child as long as it is not viable out of the womb, and Bush enacted the "Born Alive" act which protects infants who are born alive for any reason it does not mandate that that women be forced to care for the child but it does protect that tiny life. FOCA does not protect that tiny life it only enables the woman to allow it to be murder.

Protest it now!!!! Go Here!!! Whether you support Obama or not, women already have the right to a legal abortions, this will be a travesty if it is enacted.

http://www.fightfoca.com/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:36 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• ANon 3:23 then why not just make abortion legal in all states up to the non-viable stage. I think the way the FOCA bill reads makes it vulnerable to challenges of how a woman's health is affected and to what extent it is affected. I mean I am all for a woman's right to decide to have children and what not but a woman should know up to 20 weeks whether or not her health could be affected. If in the instances where it is life or breathing death for her then they always take the mother, give me an instance where they said you must take the chance and die.
    Anonymous

• I have a hard enough time stomaching the issue of abortion anyway, but this is just wrong.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 2:17 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to look into this more.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 2:36 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Didn't you just delete this question? Didn't like the responses or something? The fact that there are those of us who have researched and support this legislation?
    Anonymous

• Here's a great link for some fact checking regarding the misconceptions surrounding The Freedom of Choice Act:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/medical/choice.asp
    Anonymous

• I dont know anything about this. I'd have to look into more. I have unfortuantely learned that a great deal of moms on CM who are on their soap box about a cause have gotten their info from email forwards. I research everything. Sad that others are naive (or gullable) enough not to. More often then not, the info provided by moms on here is not complete or acurrate.
    Anonymous

• That is one of the reasons I posted it here so that the woman can get on their soapbox and defend this, I welcome the defense to this FOCA act.
    Anonymous

NOPE, that would be compliments of CAFEMOM, MMMM MAKES ME WONDER WHY THEY WOULDN'T WANT THIS SPREAD AROUND.
    Anonymous

• I think there are thoughs of you who want everything it is not good enough to give woman a choice to terminate a non viable infant let's go ahead and give us the right to terminate a child who has the will to survive an "ABORTION"....please
    Anonymous

• Anon 3:15, again spread false information. This Act does not nullify the Partial Birth Abortion Act or the Born Alive Infant Protection Act. I think I am just going to save that to a word file so I can just keep copying and pasting.

Fact check at: http://www.snopes.com/politics/medical/choice.asp
    Propaganda and misunderstandings and misstatements: http://www.fightfoca.com/
    Anonymous