idk. lol

do you ever use internet abbreviations in real life? my husband asked me a question earlier and i said "idk" instead of I Don't Know. i didn't even realize i said it out loud. have you ever done anything like that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:42 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• lol, i dont think i ever used that in real life but its hard to get him to understand some of them to begin with.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 1:45 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• My brother, sister, and I will try to have conversations using these abbreviations- it always ends in all of us laughing lol.

But sometimes I will laugh and then later I will think did I laugh or say lol? I guess I use that one too much.
    momof2_july

Answer by momof2_july at 1:48 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• yea i have lol...but i play a game called WoW

so im use to all the terms lol..idk..atm..brb
    lol we r a family of nerds lol
    HAUTMAMMA3908

Answer by HAUTMAMMA3908 at 2:01 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I find myself using it with my teenage sons. I'll say something funny (which is usually only funny to me...and completely dorky to them) and I'll finish it up with "JK....LOL". They look at me like I'm such a dork...I love it...LOL
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 2:10 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• my 9yo son started saying OMG to me as a little inside joke, a while back. that same day, some video store clerk LAUGHED her butt off at me, while we settled up! that kinda put me off. #:)
    so, i only say OMG out loud around my little family, because we embrace our dorkiness! my dh says IMHO out loud, which i think is just dumb. i've never-ever used the term for LAUGH OUT LOUD, but that's just me.
    toritoritori

Answer by toritoritori at 2:28 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I don't but a friend of mine uses OMG so much that I have jokingly threatened to superglue duct tape to her mouth next time I hear it. I only did this because every other word she says is OMG, but other than that I don't mind it.

tinkerbella208

Answer by tinkerbella208 at 2:34 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• only jokingly.
    Moomie

Answer by Moomie at 3:23 PM on Jan. 22, 2009