How do i?

my son is 11 months and he is starting to throw fits that u would see a 8 year old do..how do i try and teach him at a yonuge age that
that isnt how we act??

HAUTMAMMA3908

Asked by HAUTMAMMA3908 at 1:51 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You tell him no. You model what you want him to do. You talk to him. You say "No biting. Biting hurts. Be nice" And you say it a million times if you have to till he gets it. You redress him when he strips his clothes off. A million times if you have to. And young kids cry. They yell. They scream. That IS normal. You tell them "No, we do not scream in the house. No screaming." And tell him every time he screams. When he throws a fit over something you calmly walk away. As long as he isnt hurting himself, you ignore it. Or you can try distracting him when he throws a fit. Sit down next to him and make silly faces. Start playing with one of his toys. Sing a silly song. Be creative.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 10:23 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• My daughter throws fits. If I am at home I ignore her and walk away. If it gets bad I have to put her in her playpin (not her crib I hear it confuses the babies) and come and get her when she quiets down. Now when she starts I just mention the playpin and she straightens up...
    heather_84

Answer by heather_84 at 1:55 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• My 10 month old is starting to do this. I'm starting to get the feeling this is normal.
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 2:00 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• yea it is normal but i want to try and start teaching him he cant do this.. he cant just go around yelling crying biting...OH yea did i say he is biting you now..and hell slap you
    HAUTMAMMA3908

Answer by HAUTMAMMA3908 at 2:15 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• cant get him to keep his clothes on eaither..and it is too cold to run around nakie..even in thoe house
    HAUTMAMMA3908

Answer by HAUTMAMMA3908 at 2:23 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• If he hits you stop his hand before he does it. Say loudly (but not yelling at him) NO! Hitting hurts We dont hit". And keep saying it..every single time he hits you or bites. Believe it or not eventually it will get through to him. That is how young children learn. When he plays nice, tell him. "You are being such a good boy." Repetition & re-enforcement. They go through phases. They get frustrated when they want to do something they aren't capable of yet. So the only way they know to express themselves is to yell or cry. Its hard when you dont have words yet to express yourself.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 10:26 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• o boy ima have funn! lol
    cause he takes his clothes off like 5 sec after i put them on..he is a nudist

LMAO
    HAUTMAMMA3908

Answer by HAUTMAMMA3908 at 10:23 AM on Jan. 23, 2009