I want a divorce...

My husband and I have all but filed for a divorce and we have only been married for 4 months! We have both started seeing other people and Im just ready to end this rediculous game we are playing with each other. My biggest problem though is that my husband is deploying next month and there is no way our divorce would be final before he left....SO WHAT SHOULD I DO??? Do i just play it out and be happy he will atleast be gone for a year and then settle things when he gets back? I need some advice...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:18 PM on Jul. 19, 2008 in Relationships

• if you can do it without mediation, no fighting and total consent, you can have it anulled, at least you should. have him sign and notarize a typed paper stating his terms if any, or just that he agrees to the divorce and it can get done faster. if theres any fighting, it might have to wait. I was married 8 months before i left my husband and we have been trying to get divorced for 3 years...he was in the military. Dont let him BS you either about the military. You can call JAG and get information.
    briyeti

Answer by briyeti at 5:25 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Get an anullment!
    You haven't been married that long.
    And with him being in the military there are ways to speed it up.
    kookiekayla

Answer by kookiekayla at 5:31 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• if you are not happy, get out. if you have kids, it will be rough on them. i am going through a divorce and it is too rough for the kids. do what is right for you and hope it makes you happy.
    christy_2

Answer by christy_2 at 5:42 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• im going to play the devils advocate here and point out all the benefits of waiting it out....you and your child/children will still get his benefits while he is deployed....if, god forbid, somethign happens to him, you will get the benefits if you are still married, etc....if he knows that you are seeing other people and you know he is too, then i say no harm no foul to waiting it out....after all, it's just a legality
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 6:55 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Yeah, i agree with LoriaAnn...my husband and I are in a similar situation. As long as you both can mutually agree to see other people, then its not like either one of you is doing anything worse than the other. I mean 2 rights dont make a worng, but you deserve to be taken care of while he is gone. There are so many percs to being a military wife, and who knows, maybe after he comes back from his deployment you guys will realize you wanna stay together and if not, then you know what to look for the next time you wanna get married! Good luck to ya girl!
    Anonymous