Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Filing Electronically

My husband and I were separated last year. So he filed taxes and I didn't. I didnt have any income. He claimed the kids.
So this year I went to file electronically, and it first asked if he and I filed jointly- so I said no. Then it asked for both our AGIs. I put his in and left mine at $0. It wont let me do that. So I went back and changed it to YES we filed jointly and then was able to just put in his AGI.
I am waiting to see if it was accepted by the IRS or not. If not, what do I do? Can I still file electronically?


Asked by Anonymous at 2:13 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Money & Work

This question is closed.
Answers (1)
  • You can file asking to print the OL paperwork and send it in. There should be an option for that if you cant use the AGI or its bumped back. All it is is a peice of paper thatll show witht he return I cant remember the exact name but its OL something. You print it and mail it in. You stil get the return in 10 days.

    Answer by gemgem at 2:18 PM on Jan. 22, 2009