Help! I need a script to use to talk to my dtr about sex. Any ideas?

Dtr is 111/2 and started her period. I know I need to talk about sex, but don't want to do it the wrong way. Any ideas on books to use, etc?

CK45

Asked by CK45 at 2:17 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• just be completely honest, know facts about pregnacy and std rates, be ready and open to answer any questions despite how embarrassing they may be
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 3:00 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• make her aware of the changes that her body is gonna go through some changes and let her know that its normal to be curious about the changes. then use some personal stories from when you started for the first time (your period)
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 3:02 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• i have a daughter 25 and 29 and i can tell you be straight forward..dont lie.they know the jest of whats going on.ask her what she knows.be open...talk about protection and that she is to young but if it ever came the time you would be there for her.cause if you tell her sex is gross and she better wait till she is married i bet she wont.so leave the door open but not wide open...she will be fine...good luck:)
    snowmom974

Answer by snowmom974 at 6:35 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• you don't need a book. Just ask her what she knows and fill in the blanks. Between videos and movies she thinks she knows a lot I'm sure. Remind her of self esteem and self respect as well as sex and that boys can be sweaty nasty dogs just looking for a place to deposit...ok that might be tmi for a girl so young. Honesty works best with these young girls. She will appreciate your candor.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:21 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• My 9 y.o. daughter asked me today how a girl gets pregnant. Since we have talked about sex, birth control, where babies come from and everything else. This question needed a straight answer. I told her a boy puts his penis in a girls vagina until liquid comes out and furtilizes the egg. She was totally grossed out, but knows the truth.
    Havingfun13

Answer by Havingfun13 at 9:20 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Go to KidsHealth.org and go to the teen section and then to "Sexual Health".....tis where I got all the info for my daughter to read. Tons of info there!!
    txmommof4angels

Answer by txmommof4angels at 11:49 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I agree with the other posters...be honest and be able to answer any questions she might have! Better than hearing it from her friends!!!!!
    LexsMami

Answer by LexsMami at 4:41 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• My DD just got a book through our church called Created by God.
    It explains everything from erections to AIDS, sex to babies, everything.
    3gymnastsmom

Answer by 3gymnastsmom at 6:02 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• http://www.amazon.com/Created-God-Sexuality-Loving-Adults/dp/0687074096

Here's the book - you can buy it at Amazon.com
    3gymnastsmom

Answer by 3gymnastsmom at 6:04 PM on Jan. 25, 2009