do you recycle?

we have plastic, glass, aluminum, and paper recycling bins and we recycle everything. i was curious to see what others had and how many recycle.

kyriesmommy13

Asked by kyriesmommy13 at 2:20 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have recycled since I was a kid
    tmcewen

Answer by tmcewen at 2:28 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• YES
    Emmazmom920

Answer by Emmazmom920 at 2:30 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• YES! We recycle everything we possibly can. I make it a challenge to see how little we fill the garbage can every week. I can say, with certainty, that we've cut our garbage in half since we've been recycling. I use canvas bags for everything, too.

goddessmonica

Answer by goddessmonica at 2:32 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• We just have one big bin that we can put paper, glass, metals and most labeld plastics in. It's great! My regular household trash bin is rarely even half full anymore and my recycle bin is usually full to the top.
    To make things easier, I put two trash cans in most rooms - one for regular trash and one for recycle. My toddler is slowly learning what to put in each can.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 2:33 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• yes
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:55 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I grew up in NY, it was just about mandatory there. When we moved to VA and I learned it was optional, I got my townhouse community to join in on the effort and recycle- since it was part of our trash contract to pick up recycling once a week. I slowly noticed little green bins out in front of my neighbors houses over a period of time. I'm quite happy about it.
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 3:00 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• No
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 3:00 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• yes! i have a bin that the city picks up every wednesday, but unfortunately they don't take glass. i ended up keeping glass bottles for weeks for not wanting to throw them away for lack of proper recycling! threw em away in trash. sux.
    chickenhobbit

Answer by chickenhobbit at 3:29 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• my friend lives in cherry hill, nj. they have one big bin for everything. they earn rewards, based on weight, for how much they recycle. she get's percent off coupons for target, a lot! i wish our city did that. it really made the amount of trash go down, tremendously. so cool!
    kyriesmommy13

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 4:28 PM on Jan. 22, 2009