What are signs of teething?

I am a new mom and my son is about 5 months old... Recently he's become extra cranking, waking up from sleeping at all times of the day, and not responding to anything I was able to do to comfort him.. What are the signs that I should look for and what remedies worked best for you on your child? Thanks!!!

Brooke_M13

Asked by Brooke_M13 at 2:21 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• gums swelling
    lots of drowling
    then someteeth
    mine started at 4 months
    HAUTMAMMA3908

Answer by HAUTMAMMA3908 at 2:22 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• fever
    drooling
    dierreah
    crankiness
    MiLeesMommy08

Answer by MiLeesMommy08 at 2:26 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Drooling, drooling, and more drooling (can start a long time before any teeth actually show up)! Also the gums might become a little red or swollen and sometimes if you run your finger over the gums you can feel the tooth below. Crankiness, fever, diareah, interupted sleep, and other "unwell" behaviors are also common. Baby orajel or something like that will numb it, but usually I just used those chewy teethers you can put in the refrigerator. You can also give Tylenol (check with pedi to be safe).
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:31 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• fever, drooling
    Mine loved the teething rings.
    ChelsB

Answer by ChelsB at 2:34 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• cold teething rings will help
    Anonymous

• Lots and lots of drool. Try Hylands teething tablets. They seem to make my son pretty comfy if he's hurting.
    adg0114

Answer by adg0114 at 6:33 PM on Jan. 23, 2009