10-15 mins apart

Having what I think are contractions but this is also my first baby the contractions start in my stomache all over and move to my lower back and its been going on since 10pm last night and they are 10-15 mins apart an hour ago they were 10-20 mins apart they are lasting 20-30 secs so is this the early stages of larbor and what should I do?

MaccysMommy09

Asked by MaccysMommy09 at 2:31 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Its very possible that your in the beginning stages of labor, how far along are you though?
    Cadens_Mommy118

Answer by Cadens_Mommy118 at 2:33 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• it very well could be. Just stay put for now and keep track of the intensity. Remember, REAL labor/contractions get stronger and more frequent and do NOT let up. If they come and go in intensity, then it may not be true labor. Also, look for the expulsion of some or part of your mucous plug and other labor signs like diarrhea, fatigue. Dr.'s say you should go in to L&D when your contractions are 5 minutes apart and STRONG.

Good luck!
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 2:33 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• well if your not sure call the doc. they will tell you to come in probably when they reach five to seven minutes good luck
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 2:34 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• very possible you are in the beginning stages of labor. but like cadens said how far along are you? if your not atleast 38weeks i would call your dr right away. Either way call your dr and let them know he or she will tell you when you need to go in to the hospital or he may want to see you today.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 2:35 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Im 35 weeks and my mother in law is a nurse in LD she told me to stay put for as long as I can well atleast until they are 5 mins apart
    MaccysMommy09

Answer by MaccysMommy09 at 2:35 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• assuming that you are expecting this...wait until they are like 8 min or less. i had them from 7am until my water broke at 10:45pm. they were at like 8 min for hours. just call your doc and let them know your status. you can go into the hospital but they will just monitor you and send you home.
    chagenue

Answer by chagenue at 2:38 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• You need to call your doctor if you are only 35 weeks. Have you guys discussed what you would do if you go this early? They'll want to monitor you if you're going into labor this early, or possibly stop it, because the lungs and other internal organs may not be mature enough for the baby to do well outside the womb. Once you've reached 37 weeks, then you should wait until they're 5 minutes apart.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:16 PM on Jan. 22, 2009