periodontal scaling (aka) deep root cleaning

I had to see a dentist that specializes in healing the gums and he said i need to get a deep cleaning of my gums,said they numb the mouth and that getting this done will help heal the gums. How bad does this hurt once the numbing wears off,and did you see a big improvement if you've had this done..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:32 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Health

• I'm scheduled to begin my left side on Monday. I'm also wondering how I will feel later and if it will make a difference. Did they also try to get you to go along with the uncovered expensive RESTIN treatment?
    Anonymous

• I used to be a Registered Dental Assistant. I have also had a deep scaling before. I saw and felt the difference right away. However if you don't floss daily your guns will go back to how they were.
    vgmomof2grtkds

Answer by vgmomof2grtkds at 2:39 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• to first post nope they gave some some rinse to use its $30 a bottle at pharmacist but they gave me some for $16 for what they get it at their cost.
    Anonymous

• My hubby needed it done. His teeth looked awesome afterwards, as well as our wallets lost weight. He's not one to complain, but he said it was like a regular cleaning, just a bit more painful.
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 3:54 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I need to get this done too...My husband just got it done at the same time as getting 3 wisdom teeth out and he said it wasnt too bad....I hope it stops my toothaches!
    Briyawna

Answer by Briyawna at 4:38 AM on Aug. 24, 2009