My 6 1/2 month old daughter is ...

trying to use a sippy cup. I bought one today and she loves it. It's the learner sippy cup- from "nuk". I feel kinda bad giving her a sippy at only 6 months but do you think its ok to give her a sippy cup sometimes, but still use a bottle? Please tell me if you've had any expierences with this... please no bashing..

youngandafraid

Asked by youngandafraid at 2:39 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's ok to let her start practicing with a sippy. I'd give it to her at meal times with an ounce or two of water, juice, or formula. It'll just make for an easier transition when she's ready to come off the bottle.

Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 2:46 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• My children didn't use a sippy that early. But I don't see any problem with it.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 2:48 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• more power to you both if she's on the sippy already. I really dont think theres any problem with it...
    SillyMomma

Answer by SillyMomma at 2:50 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I gave my DD one at the age, with either water or formula...no juice. Why would it be bad, if she likes it than great if not than oh well
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 2:53 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I think it's fine. I bought my son a sippy cup and he's just now trying to suck from it and he
    s almost 8 months. The one I bought him said 6months+ so I don't see anything wrong with it. I have only given him water in it but the ped mentioned putting his formula in it as well and see how he does.
    PioNCory

Answer by PioNCory at 3:14 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• the one i bought said 6 months + also
    youngandafraid

Answer by youngandafraid at 3:34 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• If she wants it, let her have it. There's no harm.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:00 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Thats when my daughter got one. She only got a sippy cup in her high chair. But she didn't like the soft ones only the regular hard ones.
    dharmas_mommy

Answer by dharmas_mommy at 4:03 PM on Jan. 22, 2009