I need some major help ladies!!!

I need help gettin DH to understand I have OCD to certain degree. I have never been formally diagnosed but I've read enuff about it to know...I always have the need to clean and yet nothing is ever clean, I need to switch up furniture every so often just to try something new. And I feel like things should be done my way or they are not right. Ok, not that how they do it is wrong but I feel things work more efficiently in an organized fashion. DH and I ARE TOTAL opposites which was fine in the beginning but now that there are more responsiblities like bills and a child he just doesn't see it my way. How many of u run the family? you know Dad works, moms home but you organize everything, schedules, meals, paying bills.... I know for some this is joint effort and I wish it was for us too but he is sooo not organized and I am? How can we come to a middle ground or can we?

BxMetroMom718

Asked by BxMetroMom718 at 2:41 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

• I myself am a control freak. It has taken me 5 years of marriage to learn that it is just easier to let some thing be done his way. Even if it means I have to do some extra work. Even if it means a bill once or twice doesn't get paid on time. I have found that a lot of the time I can just let my control go and be giving. Good luck, Hon!
    2kidsonly2arms

Answer by 2kidsonly2arms at 2:47 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• First off, the need to clean is not neccesarily an OCD issue. But that's a different subject. You have to learn that not everything is going to be done your way. A marriage is a partnership, not just about you. And if you keep this up, you'll probably run him off. So i would chill with it.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 2:56 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• It would make me extrememly nervous if bills weren't paid. Otherwise I am pretty flexible about room arrangements, as long as it is the way I like it, of course. I also want to have balanced, nutritious meals. I guess my husband and I differ a bit. He wants things in orderly piles. I want to deal with the stuff and not have piles. But many times I'll go to get an item and find it in part of a neatly stacked pile and have to dig through piles to find the item. He vaccums, and he never runs the crevice tool along the edges of the carpet, so from time to time I have to drag out the vacuum cleaner and go over the edges, - I don't want to rock the boat by nagging or complaining, so I just do it myself.

Answer by Bmat at 2:58 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Well...it sounds like you just need to define your rolls and responsibilities. My husband and I think of ourselves as a team...but for the most part, I have my jobs and he has his. If he is doing one of my jobs for whatever reason, then he does it my way and vice versa. It works for us.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 3:18 PM on Jan. 22, 2009