Ok...is this THAT bad?

So, I'm finally recovering from this stomach virus thing...and I was starving. So I set my son on the floor with some toys and heated up some of those french toast sticks. the ones that take, like, a minute to heat up. Well...my son started to cry and was crawling around my legs, pulling at them. My FIL said I was selfish for making something to eat instead of picking him up! I was going to pick him up as soon as they were done! Is it REALLY selfish, or is just an a**hole?

mambearwhitt4

Asked by mambearwhitt4 at 2:42 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

• a**hole...if i put what i was doing down every time my son did that i would probably just sit on the floor 24/7 and follow him around. don't listen to other people tell you how to parent. that is the worst thing you can do!
    chagenue

Answer by chagenue at 2:44 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Hes a stupid a-hole cuz you dont have to constantly hold your child to love them! Kids also need time on thier own.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 2:44 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I'd say he's just an A** hole who doesn't know what it's like to be sick and have a child depending on you 24/7 too. He could've picked him up but didn't. How selfish is that?
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 2:44 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• My son is very much so a clingy, hip baby, always has been. He is 14.5 months old now but I do not pick him up everytime he wants to be picked up. You cant!!! When would you ever get a minute to breath! Caden especially will do it when I am washing dishes after a meal, he'll sit at my feet, trying to climb up my legs and cries, but I don't pick him up until I am done and just explain to him mommy is busy right now but give me a few minutes and we'll go play... I wouldn't feel bad at all!
    Cadens_Mommy118

Answer by Cadens_Mommy118 at 2:47 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• He was being a turkey and could've picked the baby up himself. He needs to keep his rude comments to himself. And since when has HE been a full-time mom?! Don't listen to him. Use your Mom-Sense! You'll be just fine!
    singnstitch

Answer by singnstitch at 2:57 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• He's an a*hole. Rule number one: TAKE CARE OF MOMMY FIRST. If mommy isn't well, you are of no use to baby.
    Anonymous

• He was probably just being selfish himself not wanting to listen to your son cry.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 3:34 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• why didnt your FIL pick him up if its so important? men...like they have any clue what us moms go thru?! toss that mommy guilt you did nothing wrong!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:40 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• that's exactly what i was thinking, why did your FIL help out instead of complaining?
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 3:50 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• You were sick and what good are you to him if you dont take care of yourself? Ignore him he is a jack ass and should keep his oppinion to his self.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:44 PM on Jan. 22, 2009