So, my son has tubes....

The ear doctor said one of them had dried up crust around it. He told me to pour a little peroxide in his ear to loosen the crust up. I did, and when I tell you my son came unglued, I mean it. He was screaming, hollaring, and crying for about ten minutes after. He's 3 and he said it was burning. So, I poured some in my ear and didn't feel a thing. Any ideas on why that happened to him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Kids' Health

• This is just a wild guess, but it sounds as though he had a sore place that the peroxide hit, or it fizzed in his ear and upset him.

Answer by Bmat at 2:51 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• OP here, I asked him if it was because it was making noises and he said no, it burns. It upset me so bad, I told him I would never do that to him again. I've never seen him go crazy like that.
    Anonymous

• All I can think is that the peroxide went INTO the tube!!! OUCH!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:22 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• The fizz and peroxide should be use diluted.
    MizzThom

Answer by MizzThom at 3:40 PM on Jan. 23, 2009