How do i get rid of my flabbyness after i had my son

my stomach is so flabby there is maybe 2 inches of skin that hang. I cant wear jeans because it hangs over. Im VERY upset. Im 19 and i dont want to look like this forever. MY husband says its going to take time. But how long? will it ever be like it was before i was pregnant or will i need a tummy tuck or something. If you know any good work out videos please suggest it. I really need help, my confidence is completely shot!

sunshine067

Asked by sunshine067 at 2:52 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• It does take time. How long depends on you and your genetics. Be patient and don't get a tummy tuck yet. You are only 19. I have a two year old and my stomach is starting to look better. Your skin and your muscles will never be the same as they were before, but you will adjust. Be proud of the fact that you are a mom. And start walking. Suck up your stomach, like you do when putting on jeans while you walk and that will start training some of your muscles.
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 6:04 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I am in the same boat! I think I look horrible! I am only 20, just had my first son, and my tummy is all flabby and wrinkly and I hate it! I have been working out and so far, I have gained a little bit of muscle and not lost any visible weight. Your post is encouraging. It's nice to know I'm not the only chubby-tummy mommy!
    CassCass

Answer by CassCass at 11:41 PM on Jan. 22, 2009