My DD is sick and her party is on Saturday!!!!

My little girl is turning one on Saturday. On Monday she had a slight fever and is teething, so I figured it was her teeth. Then on Tuesday she had a 101 fever so I just gave her medicine and juice. When I went to pick her up early from MDO yesterday she had a 102.4 fever. She didn't have a fever when I dropped her off. So, we went to the doctor right after that and she has ear infections and the flu!!! I was so upset, I was crying the whole time I was there. Her party is on Saturday (its her real bday too, I was excited about that too). Would you reschedule her birthday party two days before the actual day or just go ahead with it? Everyone I have talked to think that she'll be "okay" by Saturday, but I just don't know what to do.

Kenzies_momma

Asked by Kenzies_momma at 2:53 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

• Reschedule the party for a later date.

Answer by louise2 at 2:56 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I would wait because you dont want her to be crabby the day of...My Best friend is going through the same thing, he son will be one this sunday and has RSV so they are rescheduling for when he is better...You want her to enjoy the day...
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 2:57 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• It must be something in the air! The same is going on with my 14.5 month old son :-( He is getting his molars in, has an ear infection, and the flu. I would say that by saturday she should be feeling a little better and it'd probably be a lot of hassle to cancel two days before the party. Good luck momma, I am sure it will work out and hope baby girl gets feeling better :-)
    Cadens_Mommy118

Answer by Cadens_Mommy118 at 2:57 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Reschedule.
    imacafemom

Answer by imacafemom at 2:57 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Yupe if it is possible I would reschedule the party..
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 3:02 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• She'll probably be OK, but why go through all of that anxiety. Try putting it off for a week. She'll be able to enjoy it better if she isn't just recuperating from being sick.

Answer by Bmat at 3:09 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Its up to you. She's only 1 and won't have any idea what's going on anyhow.
    Anonymous

• i would reschedule.
    i wouldn't want to risk giving someone else the flu.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 3:50 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• My daughter was sick on her first birthday. She won't know if you have the party or not. I'd just cancel it. Why would you risk getting someone else sick??
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't reschedule! She will probably feel some better by then and kids usually don't even act sick when they areally are! And she is one, so she isn't going to understand what is going on anyway!
    Anonymous