How much do you feed your 13 month old each day?

My son is a few days shy of being 13 months and I'm concerned about how much he's eating each day. He's starting to wean himself from nursing and I have no idea what to do now. I will be talking to his pediatrician, but I thought between now and his appointment, I'd get some feedback from other mothers. So if you could tell me roughly what/how much your child eats each day, I'd appreciate it!

nemiller

Asked by nemiller at 2:58 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Hayden nurses for like less than 5 mins in the morning when she first wakes up around 730am.
    Around 830 she gets breakfast- usually oatmeal or an egg with some banana
    Snack around 1030-11am- usually cheese and crackers
    Lunch- usually whatever I am eating, like a sandwich
    Then nurses for a few minutes then nap time (if she takes one)
    Wakes up from nap, has a snack- a fruit or veggie- apples, pears, carrots, something like that.
    Then dinner around 630-7pm. Usually whatever we are eating (last night was chicken, mashed potatoes, and green beans)
    Then nurses to sleep around 8pm
    HaydensMommy007

Answer by HaydensMommy007 at 4:21 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• When my son was 13 months i was giving him for breakfast some oatmeal or dry cereal or even grits. for lunch he was eating the little graduates bowls and then for dinner he was eating the graduates meal things.
    But they will let you know at that age if its something that they dont like.
    nicoleladams19

Answer by nicoleladams19 at 3:29 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• he eats when you eat and he eats until he is full (unless of course he is overweight then you would want to follow doctors instructions on how much). fruit/cereal in the am, whatever your having for lunch and dinner. snacks in between. graduates bowls are good but not a replacement for learning how to eat "real" food. I do those when i am in a rush or have nothing else (the soup ones are yummy).
    chagenue

Answer by chagenue at 3:42 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• At 11 mos my twins no longer wanted to be fed so I started them on table food. They ate essentially whatever we ate. I just made sure to cut up their food into small bites. Once your LO is weaned, he'll need between 16 and 24 oz of whole milk a day.
    If you google the food pyramid you can taylor a meal plan for your son based on his activity level. As long as you're offering a variety of foods from the basic food groups he'll be fine. It's also not uncommon for toddler diets to be a little heavy on the carbs but I wouldn't sweat it because it won't be his diet forever. You'll also find that it takes several tries of a new food before he likes it and of course, he'll go through phases where all of the sudden, he won't like foods he used to like.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 4:18 PM on Jan. 22, 2009