When is a good time to have a second child?

My daughter is 19 months old. Is now a good time to try having a second child? Some say wait, others say have them close together. What do you think?

mom_n_goddess

Asked by mom_n_goddess at 2:59 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My DD is 15 months and we are going to start trying in 3 months....I think now is a perfect time if you both agree, and can afford it. Go ahead!!!
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 3:00 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Whenever your family is ready for it. I wouldn't really listen to other people on this subject.
    coala

Answer by coala at 3:01 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• yeah whenever you're ready
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 3:07 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Truly this is one only you and your DH can answer. My kids are 3 years apart. It was right for us. My oldest got to be the baby for 3 years. Whatever you both decide should be right for you guys.
    PinkRose282

Answer by PinkRose282 at 3:07 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Well of course I know when I'm ready but I mean some say it's better when they are closer together so there's not much of a jealousy issue, some say wait until your first is in school so you have more time with the new born and so it's easier to explain what's happening and others say wait until much later like when you're first is 8 so they can help with the new born, there's no jealousy really, they don't act out as much and so two expenses don't need to be met at the same time. I just wanted someone's opinion who has had more than one child.
    mom_n_goddess

Answer by mom_n_goddess at 3:16 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I think every1's situation is different. I've had the same question in mind...
    I came to my own conclusion. I have 1 daughter; she's 3 now and I think its about time.
    She's at the age where she can do things for herself e.i; dress, feed, explain things. She's well potty trained, and in daycare while i work. so it's a good time for me because I wont feel like i'm handeling 2 babies at once since the'yll be at such different stages. so wht do ya think, make sense??? :)
    StarrCooKie

Answer by StarrCooKie at 3:58 PM on Jan. 22, 2009