My daughter has been going to a babysitter who kept 5 kids and I am starting her in a real school like daycare on Monday. I am so nervous and i hope she likes it. But what if she doesnt?

I am also nervous about kids being mean to her or biting or hitting. If your child goes to daycare, do they normally come home with bites? How does your daycare handle that behavior of other kids? My daughter is a good child and has never gone through a biting stage. (she's 2 years old btw) Thanks for any help/advice!

Jayciezmommy

Asked by Jayciezmommy at 5:29 PM on Jul. 19, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• All children react differently in these kinds of situations. Just make sure she knows that she's going to school like the big kids. Tell her that just as you dropped her off and picked her up from her sitter you'll be there at the end of the day to pick her up. Be sure to get her off to sleep the night before at a decent time, you don't want her disintegrating in the a.m. Biting/hitting are tough but the teacher should already have a procedure and you should ask about it before you leave. Take care and God Bless. Remember everything is a learning experience for her, whether it be good or bad (cringe).
    betzyboop

Answer by betzyboop at 7:53 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• My 4 and 7 year old would rather stay home than going to school. I tell them that is what children do, their job is going to school and get smart. I ask them what mommy and daddy do? They both say going to work. Right.

Expalin to your child, you will be back in couple hours, so have fun.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 10:29 PM on Jul. 19, 2008