Easter basket ideas for older kids (13yr old)

Ok, because of past religious affiliation this will be the first time I'm celebrating the Easter holiday since I was little and my girls have never celebrated it and are looking forward to the traditions of the holiday. When I told my youngest about the Easter Bunny and how he leaves a basket for little boys and girls my oldest who is 13 jokingly inquired if she would be getting one as well. At first I didn't really pay her any mind but yesterday she mentioned it again. So I figured since she brought it up twice already now that she is dead serious. So while my 6yr old's basket is easy enough I'm stuck as to what to do for my oldest.

What are some ideas I can do in addition to candy for her? I don't want to make it juvenile but I'm a little lost as to how to make a Easter basket mature since I always thought it was something for younger kids.

Ladybugkisses76

Asked by Ladybugkisses76 at 12:28 PM on Mar. 22, 2012 in Holidays

• Spend about the same amount on stuff for the older kid's basket, but make it stuff she likes, like maybe itunes cards or something.
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 12:31 PM on Mar. 22, 2012

• ...or just put candy in everyone's basket
    FelipesMom

• Nail polish, jewelry, cute pens, head bands, high lighters, wallet, whatever she likes.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:34 PM on Mar. 22, 2012

• I've bought video games- Cd's- movies- money- t-shirts- makeup...
    whatever you can fit and stuff she will use ;)

mine are 18 and 15 and both get baskets every year- jsut like they still get a Santa gift every year too :)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:35 PM on Mar. 22, 2012

• i was wondering that myself... i have a 12 yr old boy that I was unsure if he evens wants anything... I might do one that has a basketball or do something with a movie or a book he likes.. the older they get the harder they are to buy for..lol
    goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 12:42 PM on Mar. 22, 2012

• Im going to find that stuff called squishy bath for both my kids baskets, that is something that would be cool for an older kid too though. Besides that, whatever stuff she likes that will fit inthe basket! :)
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 1:53 PM on Mar. 22, 2012

• My older kids are getting ITunes cards along with their candy. My 10 and 12 yo's are each also getting an angry bird stuffed plush. Ask her what she wants!

Answer by missanc at 1:55 PM on Mar. 22, 2012

• What sort of things does she like? If I was 13 and getting a basket, I would want books and pens, maybe a journal. You could put in nail polish, DVDs, hair clips, clothing (I'd love a basket full of awesome socks right now lol), jewelry, gift cards, journal, shoes, etc. Whatever fits, just try to keep the baskets of the same value for each child. Or, you could put in the plastic eggs with different dollar bills inside and let them pick their own things.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 1:56 PM on Mar. 22, 2012

• Socks are a good idea.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 5:05 PM on Mar. 22, 2012

• I have 4 children 13 - 22. Each of them get baskets every year with items 4 the summer (new bathing suits, beach towels, sun glasses, reusable water bottle, sun screen, etc. "The bunny" knows that my older 2 daughters ages 19 & 22 are in2 cooking so they always get some exotic types of Trader Joe's treats & little cooking gadgets. The Bunny also knows their favorite Girl Scout cookie and they each get a box of those. As for candy they don't get too much of that but they do get some healthier alternatives that they can use as school snacks along with the classic chocolate bunny. U can even get creative with your 13 year olds basket. Dollar Tree has a small laundry basket that she can re-use later. Or pick up a small colorful trash pail or canvas bin that will match her room, or even a mid sized cooler bag & go with a beach theme then simply fill any / all of the above mentioned items. Music CD's & Itunes GC's also work well
    imthemomster

Answer by imthemomster at 1:03 PM on Mar. 13, 2013