Best exercise to lift the butt?

Unfortunately my rear end has headed down south since having my baby and seems to have lost some roundness. It needs to be lifted and not so wide so if anyone has some exercises please add them. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:20 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• An exercise for firming the area is to put a weight on your ankle ( or stick a couple cans in a sock and drape it over your ankle, or a bag of rice or beans) hold on to a chair, stand upright, tilt your pelvis under and keep your stomach firmly lifted, lift the leg slowly (count to 5) straight up behind you. You should feel it in your buttocks, not in your back at all, repeat around 15 times or until unable to do more.Take it slowly at first and be very careful about form- stomach lifted, pelvis tilted, so that your back isn't stressed. Repeat other leg.

Answer by Bmat at 3:29 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Fire Hydrants!! Thanks to my high school gymnastics coach, I have a fabulous ass.
    Lift you leg to the side like you are a dog peeing on a fire hydrant. Repeat a lot. Then do the other side.
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 6:00 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• back kicks have helped me for the last few weeks. Billy Blanks includes them in his basic workout
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 6:02 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• lunges!!! Front leg in front of you bend to 90 and bend the rear leg also ... your rear knee should only be about 3 inches above the ground. I do this with all my regular stuff if it is done right and for a good duration of time, then you will feel it!! lol
    heather_84

Answer by heather_84 at 8:58 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• squats squats and more squats and lunges and more lunges and the fire hydrants are good too
    HayleyGM

Answer by HayleyGM at 9:14 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• LUNGES BABY!! This is the best way to get that butt of yours the lift you want.
    onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 11:19 PM on Jan. 27, 2009