How soon is too soon after a divorce to have a boyfriend??

My husband and I have been separated since May, but a male friend I've had for 6 1/2 years asked me out on a date a week after. I went as friends, but we've seen a lot of eachother since then. He gets along great with my son, and told me he'd waited for me the past 3 years I was married to ask me out. He recently asked me to be his girlfriend..is it too soon?? I feel right with the situation, but just don't know.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:32 PM on Jul. 19, 2008 in Relationships

• if you are happy and the kids likes him, go for it. everyone deserves to be happy. i am going through a divorce. my hubby up and left me and the 2kids. he is being a pain. i hope that i can find someone after my divorce. i deserve to be happy. good luck!!!!
    christy_2

Answer by christy_2 at 5:36 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• I think the only person that can answer that is you. If it feels right and is safe and you child(ren) are adjusted then I would say go for it.
    jilisaunt

Answer by jilisaunt at 5:38 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• yeah id say go for it too if your ok with it. just dont lie to yourself and say it IS ok if its not, is all. im legally married and i have a boyfirned and a son with him! if you can move on early, more power to you!
    briyeti

Answer by briyeti at 5:44 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Trust me dont rush into anything! even if it feels right, he is going to be a rebound whether it seems like it or not. later you will see this. Right now you just need a friend and if he truelly cares for you he will understand and be there for you. Rebounds never work. and wouldnt it be a shame to waste a good friendship and maybe more.
    amanru8

Answer by amanru8 at 6:02 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• speaking from personal experience, dont rush into anything....enjoy your freedom, date around...he may well be an amazing man, but if he's the one then he will still be there after you get to spread your wings a bit
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 6:36 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• If you are happy I would say go for it. Personally, I waited 3yrs after I divorced for the simple fact is that it was tough on my children and I wanted to take some time for myself to heal and to get to know me again and find out what I like.
    Anonymous

• I don't think there is time if your ex isn't matter to you anymore. You feel happy and free without him, then you are ready to have another relationship, but i will take it slow.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 10:25 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Do the dammn thing..you deserve to be happy and you've known him for that long i say sounds like a good idea to me
    yas_marie_87

Answer by yas_marie_87 at 12:04 AM on Jul. 20, 2008