• In the Spotlight:

Cold coming on what is that stuff you can take?

I feel a cold coming on...what is the name of that stuff you
can take and does it work??

Dannee

Asked by Dannee at 3:25 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Health

• I know there is zicam over the counter. Have not tried it though. It is suppose to shorten your cold.

I would just keep your immune system up. Get lots of fluids, water, 100% juice, eat fruit and veggies. Big one is get to bed on time tonight !!! A good nights sleep. Also get some soup and things to help ease congestion when it hits.

Make sure to wash your hands well, cover your mouth/nose into your elbow when you sneeze/cough and throw away your tissues after using them so you can help keep it from spreading, especially if you have kids.

Hope that helps !!!
    J9Mommy

Answer by J9Mommy at 3:31 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Tylenol cold daytime/nighttime relief
    Nyquil so you can sleep better
    jareda69

Answer by jareda69 at 3:31 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Airborne or Zicam. they both work
    companygoddess

Answer by companygoddess at 3:37 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Airborne works pretty well for me. I'd like to try Zicam but haven't yet- the nasal kind anyway. I've tried the pill form and it did nothing. Echinacea tea is very nice and it may help- you can get the tea bags in the grocery store. Vitamin C. Chicken broth or chicken noodle soup. Tea with lemon and honey.

Answer by Bmat at 3:47 PM on Jan. 22, 2009