due in 10 weeks!!!

im 17 and due in 10 weeks i am living with my fiance and his parents. im still in school(made the AB honor roll this semester) but im due in 10 weeks and just wondering does anyone have some advice for me?? just wondering

1-teen-mommy

Asked by 1-teen-mommy at 3:31 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The best advice I can give is to research your decisions. The only way you'll know what's right for your baby is to ask and read. Then take what you've learned so you can make informed decisions.

Things I found useful? Cloth diapers (better in so many ways), breastfeeding (even better than cloth diapers), and attatchment parenting.

If you have questions you can pm me. But I'm no expert. No one is. Every child is unique and you'll soon learn what works for you and what doesn't.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 3:35 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Well first of all good luck. I have 2 friends that both had kids at 16 and they are wonderful parents today. It made them grow up fast which was a blessing in many ways. Just ask for all the help you can from friends and family and take in all the adivce and tips you can. It helped me a lot. Don't be afraid to ask for help. You will be fine. And keep your goals and dreams in life still in place, just because you have a kid doesn't mean you can't accomplish all of it. It just may take a bit longer. Good luck and if you need any adivce they are sooo many moms out there, just ask.
    PioNCory

Answer by PioNCory at 3:35 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Sleep when the baby sleeps. It is the only way you are going to get enough rest to recover properly. And take any help that is offered. You can't possibly do it all, no mom can.
    coala

Answer by coala at 3:36 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Good job with keeping your grades up. Stay strong and persevere, you can do it! =)

Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 3:39 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Remember to keep an open mind. I feel now that many folks made having a baby way harder than it is. You really do end up putting your child first.

Dont EVER be afraid or too proud to accept or ask for help. That was one of my problems.
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 4:08 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Listen to "advice" from people even if you already know it. People always think that they have to tell you how to raise your child. Just say "ok thanks"
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 4:26 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Listen to your instincts. If your heart is saying "pick up and hold that baby" and other people are telling you "Let her cry or you will spoil her", know that your mothering instinct is right!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 6:49 PM on Jan. 22, 2009