Has anyone here had to break all contact with a parent because of alcoholism?

jilisaunt

Asked by jilisaunt at 5:35 PM on Jul. 19, 2008 in Relationships

• When I was about three years old i decided I didnt want to be around my alcoholic father anymore and since my mom and dad were seperated she decided to give it a try. I dint want to start seeing my dad again until i was about six. then i remembered why i didnt want to. So i didnt see him again for another year. The day after seeing my father, he died of alcoholism.(the liver thing, sorry i cant spell it.)I know you are older and its kind of a different situation, but iregret it everyday of my life. Now i am dealing with an addicted mother. Its not easy but they need you. I know you need him/her a lot also. sometimes in life you need to give up something you want. I know its tiring, annoying, depressing, and so much more, but everyone needs someone. there will be many people that will tell you to break contact, but it is easier said than done. I have tried it several times with my mom. my prayers are with you. if you ever need to talk you can e-mail me at amanru8@aol.com
    amanru8

Answer by amanru8 at 5:59 PM on Jul. 19, 2008