Has anyone, or do you know someone who has tried/uses Alli?

I'm iterested in anyone who has tried this to lose weight. I'm thinking of getting it for my husband.

ZoeKatsMom

Asked by ZoeKatsMom at 3:44 PM on Jan. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I heard it gets really nasty.. my aunt has tried it and she said poop was leaking out ewwwwwwwwwww
    sweetvietchic

Answer by sweetvietchic at 3:45 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• I've never tried it, but I do know that if you don't intend to eat healthier, you're going to be very disappointed. You will have a nasty greasy anal discharge if you don't change your eating habits along with taking it.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 3:49 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• WHAT!! Are you both pulling my leg?
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 3:53 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• It sucks! I was on it for about 3 months. Yes, I lost about 10 lbs, but fat isn't my problem...it is carbs. And all the horror stories are true. I had terrible stomach pains that made me sick and I was afraid to go anywhere or eat anything because I thought I was going to crap my pants all the time. I had the shits for like a month straight and my butt hurt like hell! I actually ended up with an anal fissure because of that.
    Anonymous

• All True. That stuff is gross!
    Believe4evr

Answer by Believe4evr at 4:14 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Nope, I heard you'll poop yourself sideways. You have to be REALLY disciplined, and there were tons of news stories on it. Not for me. I used SlimQuick a couple of years ago and lost 6 lbs. I'm thinking about using it again.
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 4:18 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• 2 words:

anal fissures.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 9:17 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• Join the Healthy Weight Loss group or another similar group like it and see what the women on there have to say. As for Alli, I was going to try this product as well until I started reading everyone's responses about the poop. I have a dog, an infant, and a 2 year old who is potty training right now plus I do have a life outside of my home and I plan on continuing with it. I don't have time to be running to the toilet every five minutes for myself right now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:05 AM on Jan. 24, 2009